Environmental Audit is the objective and documented verification of processes to obtain evidence to determine whether EMS of an organization confirms to the criteria laid down by the organization.
- Detailed evaluation of organization’s performance against set objectives.
- Keywords: documented, periodic and objective
- The report of audit has to be conveyed to the management.
If an audit for ISO14001 certification is carried out, it would provide the proof of following objectives:
- Evidence of conformity of EMS
- Evidence of fulfilling legal/regulatory requirements
- Opportunities for further improvement of EMS