UX is the overall experience of a person using a product such as a computer application or a physical product or a service especially in terms of how easy or pleasing it is to use. It also considers a person’s emotions, efficiency of the product, utility etc.
1. Considering emotions means design is empathetic – users feel that the product or process is being designed considering the needs of the users and it understands the users well.
2. Emotional design creates a personal bonding and experience – users get a feeling of ownership and personal bonding, they might feel that the product is specifically made for them.
3. If the product/process is designed for the employees of an organization, considering the emotions of the users while designing the product, this will result in happy employees and thus in turn increase productivity.
4. Emotional designs enhance product loyalty
5. Users will become the advertisers of the product
6. Generate returning users/customers as they remember the product/brand
7. Create happy customers.
8. Reduce bounce rates