Pollution is the introduction of contaminants into the natural environment that causes adverse change in the form of killing of life, toxicity of environment, damage to ecosystem and aesthetics of our surrounding.
An unwanted change in the environment which involves the physical, biological and chemical changes involving air, water and land which affects human life.
Pollution is the root cause of many diseases that kill and disable living organisms.
Types of pollution
- Air pollution
- Contamination of the indoor or outdoor environment by any chemical, physical or biological agent that modifies the natural characteristics of the atmosphere.
- Sources: household combustion devices, motor vehicles, industrial facilities, forest fire etc.
- Pollutants: particulate matter, carbon monoxide, sulphur dioxide, ozone, nitrogen dioxide etc.
- Water pollution
- Noise pollution
- Soil contamination
- Spilling of oils in oceans
- Radioactive contamination
- Thermal pollution
- Visual pollution