Skip to content
Global Warming and its prime causes
- Pertains to the average increase in earth’s surface temperature.
- Long term warming of the planet since the early 20th century, and most notably since the late 1970s, due to the increase in fossil fuel emissions.
- An aspect of climate change.
Causes of Global Warming
- Increase in greenhouse gases
- Methane – livestock, agri waste, decomposition of wastes in landfills
- Nitrogen oxide – fertilisers
- Fossil fuel combustion
- Emissions from industrial processes such as cement and limestone production etc.
- Destruction of marine ecosystems
- Population increase
- Increased amount of greenhouse gases
- Due to burning of fossil fuels for generation of electricity, transportation etc.
- Carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, hydrocarbon compounds, sulfur oxides, nitrogen oxides, methane and the particulates.